Thursday, March 16, 2006

Europe tickets

Found an American Airlines ticket from Toledo to Manchester through Chicago for $621 in June. Tacking on a Lufthansa ticket from Manchester to Dusseldorf for $64 and 20k United miles. Not a great deal but beats the $270 they wanted for the flight.

Spoke with a jackass at the United Airlines International Award Reservations line named Jeffery. Told him I had put a reservation on hold earlier in the day on Lufthansa from Manchester to Dusseldorf. Before typing anything into the computer, he asked if I was flying through Chicago or Dulles to London. I said "Manchester, England". He said "there aren't any direct flights from there, you have to be flying through somewhere" and hung up on me. Good work United. I called back and a woman who wasn't a total idiot helped me.

No comments: