Tuesday, June 27, 2006

US v Ghana in Nurnberg


Took another lovely three train combo from Kitzbuhel to Nurnberg to see the US play Ghana. Met up with one of my brother's friends after a few rounds of "Where are your going to be when?" emails. He did manage to show up at the train station when my train arrived. Since I had already gone to the Czech game and I had to make a flight around 8:30, I sold my ticket for 50 Euro (+15 ticket scalping, -100 blackjack) and we went, had a few beers, and watched the game in the town square. Was pretty disappointing to watch the US lose and Ghana advance but whatever. We still have a long way to go in soccer. Should point out that the Rothbier from the Hausbraueri was very good despite what some others think. http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/altstadthof-rothbier/35894/ 
 
We had checked luggage at the train station when we got in and when I went to get mine, it was in a room with a few thousand bags. I can't imagine how long the line was when people got back from the game. Made my flight to Paris on time and got a ham and swiss sandwich and a small bottle of red wine. On a 75 min flight. Once again, US airlines: You can do better. Also got a few pictures of the US team boarding their plane that I'll put up.
 
iPods take way too long to fully charge.
 

No comments: